February bargain makeup products!

                                           


It's funny how a leisurely stroll at the mall could suddenly turn into a mini shopping expedition. 
 That is exactly what happened to me when I visited my favourite shopping mall this week - my curious gaze was thrown onto a few 'treasures' that I couldn't bear to leave behind.


  I excitedly bought two Jordana baked eye shadows:  Green Mist and Purple Perfection.  I got the green one because I would like to do a St. Patrick's Day makeup tutorial in the near future.

                                   The two eye shadows are pictured below.

                    

And here is the St. Patrick's day makeup tutorial, in case you missed it:



NYX has become one of my brands for eye makeup because of the vibrant colours that seem to give out a clubby-glam vibe.  My selection consisted of Indigo Child and Aurora.  These two shades would be wonderful to use in some smoky eye makeup tutorials.

                                       Here are the NYX eye shadows.

            
 
 
I found a lighter shade of LA Girl Pro Conceal (Almond), so the darker shade that I bought previously could be possibly used in a contouring tutorial.
 
This is the LA Girl product.
 
 
 
 
Due to an out of stock product, I had to buy an alternative makeup remover.  I decided to buy DT cold cream.  It removed my makeup so easily, without leaving a greasy film on my face. 
 
This is what it looks like.
 
 
My basket of approximately 40 bottles of nail polish was quickly forgotten as I spied a bright yellow green colour produced by Jordana.  Although it is quite affordable and therefore easier to chip, I simply use a Revlon base coat.  This makes the chip-ready polish last that much longer. 
 
The name of this nail polish is 'Lemon Tropic' and it is pictured below.
 
 
 
 
The last two items were lip products.  The first is a Lip balm called Fresco Lip Gelato.  I had never seen or tried it before, but the name was so appealing!  I couldn't resist.  When I tried this lip balm, I realized that it would be sticky unless it was used with another lip balm (I use Blistex religiously).  In addition, the Lip Gelato does not leave an icky residue.  Wonderful.
 
The Fresco product is pictured below.
 
 
 
The last item is a Rimmel Lasting finish by Kate lipstick.  The sheer pink that greeted me when I swatched was enough to convince me to make the purchase.  Despite the fact that the Rimmel counter was.... difficult.  If you want to hear a little about the 'difficult' Rimmel counter experience, you can check out my February 2015 haul video here 
 
 
 
 
The Rimmel lipstick is pictured below.
 
 
Stay tuned for upcoming makeup tutorial videos featuring some or all of the aforementioned products!
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual BET Awards 2023: 5 Best Dressed Ladies

Review: Creme of Nature Shampoo, Hair Milk & Curl Enhancing Creme

5 Disney's The Little Mermaid Must Have Items.