Sewing curtains


I decided to make some living room curtains for Christmas 2013 using brown cotton and printed polyester cotton material.
I tie - dyed the brown cotton and got an unexpected colour, so I just went out afterwards and bought the printed polyester cotton to match the tie - dyed brown cotton. In the photo below, the tie - dyed fabric is above while the printed polyester cotton is below.




Then I measured the two different types of fabric to get similar widths.  They were pinned together before sewing.

The pieces were sewn together.

I


I hemmed around the edges of each curtain and sewed the folds on top so the curtain rod can fit through.  The finished product is seen below:







Comments

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here. I would love to hear from you!

My Popular Posts.