Egyptian stencilled painting

I did a research project about Egyptian tomb paintings.  The assignment included making a stencil print of one of the paintings.

I chose to do this painting:

This is not my photograph
 


I started by making lots of stencils to print the men, the moon etc.

Masking tape was used to retain the brown cotton's original colour in some areas.
I used dye extracted brown cotton and added blue fabric paint to represent the night sky:

I put a couple of Egyptian symbols on both sides of the painting.


I started to put the seated men, using the different stencils.







I peeled off the masking tape to reveal the original fabric colour in some areas.
The finished piece:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual BET Awards 2023: 5 Best Dressed Ladies

Review: Creme of Nature Shampoo, Hair Milk & Curl Enhancing Creme

5 Disney's The Little Mermaid Must Have Items.