Simple churchyard scene

Took a photo in the yard of St Aidan's Anglican Church in Arouca: wall, lawn and a plant.  I used that photo as reference for this painting.
The wall had some dark areas showing up under the paint so I first painted a dark colour :

Then I  painted the narrow sky area that was visible and started to add more of the true wall colour:
 Next, I added the lawn area.  Painting grass has always been an annoying event for me:
Then I started to work on the plant with the reddish leaves which was in the foreground of the photograph:

Finished painting:
What to say about this painting?  I like the textured effects (wall, grass) however, the veins on the leaves could have been more blended.
Practice makes perfect!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual BET Awards 2023: 5 Best Dressed Ladies

Review: Creme of Nature Shampoo, Hair Milk & Curl Enhancing Creme

5 Disney's The Little Mermaid Must Have Items.