I like painting from nature...

Hey, everyone.  I managed to get some photos of paintings that I completed during the past few weeks, so here goes:


The photo above is a still life painting of two dried coconuts and a very small cactus in a plant pot.  I decided to focus on warm colours on the coconuts and the pot, while I utilized cool colours in the background.



This is a representation of wild plants next to the edge of a stream.  I painted from a photograph that was taken on my last beach trip.  This painting contains mostly cool colours, with a bit of neutrals added.
This last painting evolved from an idea I got while looking at some of the moths that are usually seen around my workplace.  The green form in the upper left corner of the painting is a moth, while the yellow, orange and red form is a butterfly. Both forms are abstracted slightly.

I continue to practise painting different subjects and use different painting techniques.  These paintings are 9" x 12".  I will eventually start painting larger compositions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual BET Awards 2023: 5 Best Dressed Ladies

Review: Creme of Nature Shampoo, Hair Milk & Curl Enhancing Creme

5 Disney's The Little Mermaid Must Have Items.