Conversations with Nelly B: The event.





I was really glad to be able to attend Nelly B's event 'Conversations with Nelly B'.  Firstly, I wanted to find out more about natural hair care and all the natural hair products that are being made locally.

Secondly, I felt the need to meet with other women who would be going through a similar natural hair journey.

The event was held at The House of Creative People in Marabella.  Since the only place that I can easily find in this area was SuperPharm, finding the location was an adventure.

The event started off with a prayer, then we had discussions about our natural hair journey,

One of the other themes that came up during the talk included natural hair and our career.  One person stated that she would prefer to preserve her natural hairdo and avoid companies where her hair may be an issue.  Another stated that she was willing to compromise a little because her job was the key to her finances.  My opinion?

I am not willing to compromise for some of these sad 'workplace politicians'.  More on that in a later post? Maybe.

Here is a video of some of the activities held during the event:



We also received some goodie bags that were filled with hair product samples:







If you missed this one, be sure to find out the date for the next event!




Comments

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here. I would love to hear from you!

My Popular Posts.